Back into a league with your buddies this fall and wanting to get into shape? Keep up your daily workouts, but don’t hesitate to tweak your diet. If you want to play like an athlete, you’re going to have to start eating like one.
And it’s more than just what you’re eating that is going to have to change (though your diet will require alteration). It’s when and how much you eat that’s a major component in athletic dieting.
First break up your meals into six parts instead of the usual three. Second, eat right. Make sure you’re not tossing in empty calories or unscheduled stops. This is serious business you’re about here.
- Meal 1: Oatmeal, 1 scoop whey protein powder and blueberries
- Meal 2: 2 hardboiled eggs, banana, almonds
- Meal 3: Turkey sandwich on whole-grain toast and a salad with olive oil
- Meal 4: Yogurt and an apple
- Meal 5: Chicken, steak, or fish, broccoli and brown rice or sweet potato
- Meal 6: Cottage cheese and peaches
It will take some extra effort, planning, and preparation, but it’s worth it. If you want to win, you have to live like a winner.
In: Fitness, Health · Tagged with: How to Eat Like an Athlete